My sisters and I always laugh at the fact that we talk about fictional characters as if they were real people, like we know them… and I mean really know them. We get angry with Elena Gilbert when she hurts Damon Salvatore (The Vampire Diaries), cringe when Emily Thorne – or I mean Amanda Clarke – decides to make another move against “The Initiative” (Revenge) and laugh alongside Andy Anderson while she plays countless mind games with Benjamin Barry (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days). Sometimes, fictional characters feel just as much a part of our life as the “characters” that we are blessed with in the “real world.” It got me thinking, if fiction became reality, what characters would I hope would be part of my world?
- BGF (best girl friend): Serena van der Woodsen (Gossip Girl) – Serena’s fashion sense alone would win me over. I am obsessed with almost every outfit she has ever worn on the show. She is adventurous with her style, but always stays true to herself. Her dresses are to die for and her hair pieces always bring her look together flawlessly. Having Serena as a BFF to share closets with? Yes, please!
- BGF (best guy friend): Clark Kent (Smallville) – So besides the fact that he’s a major cutie, can fly and would always be there to rescue you in the blink of an eye, Clark is also loyal and a great listener. Who wouldn’t want Superman as their best friend?
- Pet: Buddy (Air Bud) – A puppy is a girl’s best friend and I have always been in love with golden retrievers. This pup loves pudding cups (hey, me too!) and is awesome in sports. What more could you ask for in a pet?
- Doctor: Jackson Avery (Grey’s Anatomy) – Time for a check-up! Dr. Jackson Avery has husky eyes to die for. Those baby blues would definitely distract me from those shots that I hate so much. However, if he was my doctor, I might find myself with a few more dire colds or injuries that need medical attention ASAP.
- Teacher: Ezra Fitz (Pretty Little Liars) – While Aria has Mr. Fitz wrapped around her finger on Pretty Little Liars, I still wouldn’t mind being a student in his class. Senior-itis might not exist if Fitz was my professor. Hannah? Here! Perfect attendance all semester.
- Boyfriend: Jacob Black (Twilight series) – Again, a puppy is a girl’s best friend… and what’s better than a best friend who is also your boyfriend? While all you Twi-haters will gag at his name, you have to admit he’s pretty easy on the eyes. Plus, I am ALWAYS cold, so what’s better than your own personal space heater? (You may have to watch the Twilight series to get what I’m saying)
- Workout partner: Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) – I love working out because it relieves so much stress and makes me feel so much better at the end of the day. Who would be a better workout partner than the winner of the 74th Annual Hunger Games?! I may not be able to shoot a bow and arrow, but I’m sure Katniss could teach me a few other techniques to get in shape!